Going into this summer night class, I probably wasn't the most stoked. Who really wants to be stuck in a basement computer lab for three hours when it's nice outside and there's a clean pool waiting at home? In all actuality, it turned into a great experience and really made an impression on my teaching style as well as gave me lots of wonderful (and mostly free!) tools. My attitude of "a necessary evil" turned into looking forward to class each week and having fun with our projects & assignments.
All that said, I did feel the class took awhile to "take off," meaning that I was a bit bored with the first couple of classes. Once we got into actually projects and activities, that feeling went away, but it had a bit of a curve to it,
The thing I enjoyed most was probably the Digital Storytelling project. I had so much fun making my own movie trailer for one of my favorite books! I liked our freedom of expression in the assignment and the guidance we were given by the instructor.
As a whole, I would say this class receives a 9/10. One of the most engaging and worthwhile education classes I have taken.
Seth, I totally understand you thoughts coming and so glad to hear you are leaving on a high note. You are so talented an have such a creative touch. I am sure you are going to be a great teacher!
ReplyDelete